Ich or Fluke???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alco1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all,

For some time I've been battling it out with ich.. firstly i did copper and silly me I did a WC with the DP water which once again infected the fish... then I tried hypo and failed with my blue tang with no improvement at 1.008 with a calibrated refractrometer.

I've now changed back to copper treatment... I'm 2 weeks in a finally I see an improvement with the ich all practically gone...

The no white dots anywhere on my powder blue/unicorn and blue tang... finally eradicated the ich... soooo happy

Although now there is other symptoms...

Where the ich died in the blue tang's face there is indented holes... i can actually see some of its flesh... and is breathing heavily.

I thought it was bad water quality.... nitrate was on 40... so did a massive WC and brought it back down to 5.

The holes are slowly healing but the heavy breathing is still consistent and my unicorn is breathing heavily too...

Not only that... the blue tang is always twitching... the unicorn just does a tiny occasional twitch.

Powder blue is perfectly fine

Is this as sign of fluke? I cant see any cloudy eyes or fluke hanging off the gills/body....

Or is this just a side effect from the months of ongoing treatment to kill the ich?

EDIT: All eating fine

Please help, thanks

Back
Top Bottom