Kole Tang with mark, what is it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasdivegal

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a kole tang that has been in the tank for 2 months. I have noticed a mark on the side of the tang recently. It looks like a scratch mark.

He is eating fine and not gasping for air. Not rubbing himself on rocks. Nothing seems to be wrong except losing his coloring and this mark. He is getting lighter and lighter. He is looking ashy. I am including a picture to help id.

Everyone else in the tank looks great and doing fine. The water is super. 0's for everything.

HELP?? IS he sick?

72 bow front
1 kole tang
1 yellow tang
1 blennie
1 cleaner shrimp
1 coral beauty
1 dragon goby
15 snails
8 hermits

The mark could just be something from the past that has not healed properly and due to the faded color of the Kole is more noticable than it would normally be. As far as a problem, two possibilities. Possible aggression from the yellow tang you have not seen and what you feed the fish may not be offering the proper diet for the tangs health overall.

Cheers
Steve

I have a very aggressive Kole tang that gets marks like that all the time. He tries to beat up others and they put a mark on him!! :lol:
My Kole actually came very close to killing my Pinktail trigger a few months ago, the trigger now fights back. He goes after my Hippo & Tassled as well. He has good and bad days.

Your Kole's diet should consist of at least 40% meaty foods just incase you were not aware of this.

Kaye

Back
Top Bottom