Lion Fish attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VROCK34

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have recently lost a Lion fish and have a second one in deep distress. Neither showed any signs of illness and there are no signs of aggression between any fish in the tank. The Lion fish have been in the tank 7 and 8 months, I am not sure if they were wild caught or tank raised. The fish share a tank with 4 other fish none of which show any negative signs or signs of illness. The first was simply found belly up on the bottom of the tank one morning. The second more recently was on the bottom on its side with signs of trouble breathing. It has isolated and treated with Ionic copper as recommended by my local FS but not looking good after 6 hours of treatment. There are no signs of ich, spots or loss of color. There also has been no sign of loss of appetite until now.

The tank is a 250 gal with a 50 gal sump. Filtration occurs by dripping through dry media first, then through live rock. The sump had a protein skimmer and returned to the tank by passing through UV sterilizer first. The water checks out perfect. The main tank has not been treated with any meds as this time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Lion Fish health

There is yellow, purple and sailfin tangs, a foxface and a zebra moray.

The Lionfish has been in a hospital tank for 5 days now treated with Lifeguard. There have been moments he looks great and then this morning he was on his back again.

The issue is now compounded with I cant get him to eat and its a bit difficult to force feed a Lion Fish.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

I'm having a bit of a rememberer issue, but I think I heard something about foxface and lions not getting along. Foxface plucking at the spines or something like that. Don't quote me or anything, it might have been Jeff Fox(face)worthy plucking on a banjo that I remember. Grr, stupid rememberer.

Back
Top Bottom