Lion fish not eating!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesH

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it common for fuzzy lion fish to stop eating when treating the tank for White spot? He was eating when I saw the ich on my other fish but since adding cuprazin and melafix he hasn't eaten a thing and it's been 4days

It`s possible. You are treating the fish in a QT? What`s the melafix for? That`s usually a med for bacterial problems.

No treating hole tank because all the fish have it and I'm doing fish only with ocean rock not live rock. The guy at my lfs told me to use melafix along side the cuprazin because when the White spots drop of it leaves an open cut is this right?

I personally would wait on the melafix if even use it at all. The problem is that you should not treat your whole tank. Any inverts will die and you probably wont be able to have corals in that tank now. You should have taken the fish out and treat and let the tank remain fishless to break the life cycle of the parasite. Read these for info on the parasite.

An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure: A Quarantine Tank for Everything by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

I have no plans on having any coral or inverts doing fish only because the fish I would like are not compatible with them. Thanks for the info will have a read

Just one more thing how long have you known a fish not to eat for as I don't won't my lion Fish to starve to death!

What does your lion fish normally eat? I would try to entice it with ghost shrimp or feeder fish.

Back
Top Bottom