My whole tank seems to be in trouble!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never heard of that salt. Do you have access to the more common salts? Reef Crystals, Oceanic, Tropic Marin, Red Sea, Seachem....?

I would need to check at my lfs. I pour r.o into bucket, pour salt into cup. Mix the two using a wooden spoon for about 5 minutes. Test salinity. Then pour into tank (slowly)

I would want to mix that a lot longer than 5 minutes. Do you have an extra power head around you can leave in the bucket and let it mix overnight? At least a few hours. I don't think everything is mixed in 5 minutes.

Yes I do have a spare powerhead. Only trouble is the bucket is only 10litres.

I do 30litres per week (3buckets) when I test salinity a few hours later it's always good. But if it's not mixing properly could this be the cause of my problems

Gonna buy a bigger container. And heat the water as I have a spare heater. Although I add slowly to the tank, it still drops a couple of degrees. Need to improve on house keeping!

Yes, it can make a difference. Try it and see if the problem is solved. Problems like these are always a process of elimination.

Will do, so my tank has been in darkness for nearly 3 days. How often should I keep lights on? This includes moon lights. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom