nipped fins and scratches!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello once again, today i noticed that my tank became a fighting ring my fire fish who used to get along really well have been fighting each other and their tails have been nipped but still hang together, my hippo tang looks like if it got scratches all over he is about inch and 1/2 long and my royal gramma also has some nipped fins is there any medication i can give them so their scratches and fins heal faster, and will they grow back???????????????? and i forgot to say that they eat nomal just like when they had normal fins and scratches

Last edited:
lol today is an offical firefish fighting day.
my firefishes also nipping others firefish fins off this morning LOL
when I was feeding, one of them even try to take a bite of my neon goby's tail OoO

they were going at it kind of like bettas but then they calmed down and relaxed and did their normal duties until they fought again and the funny thing is that one of them is slightly bigger and the bigger one is the one that gets bit up most of the time

they were going at it kind of like bettas but then they calmed down and relaxed and did their normal duties until they fought again and the funny thing is that one of them is slightly bigger and the bigger one is the one that gets bit up most of the time

LOL same here
my biggest one got chase most of the time, but my smallest one's tail got nipped off a little~~ poor thing XP
and their back fin as well, two of them can see damages.

oh and when I turn off the light, the smaller one was chasing the bigger ones, I poked the glass, and scare it, the small one swim into a hole, and the bigger one followed LOL
really weird relationship right there.

I found this: Firefish - Fish Information Database - Nano-Reef.com
Aggressiveness
Peaceful to all other animals except conspecifics. Needs only passive tank mates (passive gobies and blennies, small jawfish, and fish that tend to ignore other small fish like Chromis). Dottybacks, dwarf angels, damsels, wrasses, hawks, puffers, and triggers would be in most cases too much for these fish. Large anemones may eat them. They are extremely intolerant of others in the same genus. It is best to keep singly or male/female pairs. Groups can be made of only 5 fish or more, but each fish needs 20 gal each and so are unsuitable for nano reefs.

You'd have to remove the animal and treat in a Nitrofurazone bath; otherwise, extra water changes and keep a varied nutritional diet and you should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom