Oddly cloudy tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFishes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So last night I decided I would go buy my first fish from my LFS. Before I left I tested everything, all was good, 0's across the board. I have had my 30g tank up for a little over a month with 30lbs of live sand and 27 lbs of live rock with a skimmer. Everything was great! The whole nine yard, so I decided it was time to finally get some fish! I bought 2 clowns and a nassarius snail. Both were acclimated properly, no problems. I left the light of to reduce stress then went to bed. When I woke up I immediately reviewed my tank and found it to be much cloudier that the night before! What could cause this? Anything I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I didn't add ammonia. My LFS told me that my LS and LR would start the cycle without needing to add ammonia. I should include that when I bought the LR it had several small snails and a small brittle star on them also. Thanks for the help!

almost sounds like the clowns kicking up the sand something they love to do
wait till they start rearranging the tank
I wake up to a cloud sometimes too it settles back down fast so I'm used to it

It'll take some time for it to clear. Sometimes like others have said it's sand, a bac bloom, hopefully not an ammonia bloom. Clowns are pretty hardy so just hold on.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've been looking around my tank and after a fairly thorough review I did in fact find pretty good size hole in my sand! Haha those darn clowns! Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom