Please help my poor true perc..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericosuave

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, i got a true percula about 4 days ago and put him in my tank. He seems to be doing fine except for little pieces of white ich i believe around his eyeball area and a little below his upper fin.. its very little but i dont want him to die :(

my tank 40 gal. has been up and running for about 5 months now and it was fishless for about 1 month. There is nothing in it besides rock and the percula. I have never had a problem with ich before that.

what can i do to help this little bugger out?

btw i do not have a quarrantine tank. I was thinking about driving in town this weekend and picking me out a couple of cleaner shrimp to help rid the ich.

is there anything else i should pick up while I am in town? such as copper sulfate?

TIA!!

ericosuave said:
is there anything else i should pick up while I am in town? such as copper sulfate?
A seperate quarantine tank.

The cleaner shrimp idea will be hit and miss at best and should not be look on as an effective cure for any parasite problem. If treating with any type of copper, it will kill everything else in the tank except the fish. Your best option is to QT the fish and treat with either hyposalinity, chelated copper or Cupramine. Be sure what you are treating is indeed C. irritans. Depending on if the clown is WC, there is also the possibility of Brooklynella hostilis.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom