Potters Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I went to my LFS and got a Potters Angel. Immediatly hides in the rocks, barely comes out. After 2 days i see it after I come from work laying down on the bottom of the tank breathing quickly. Has been breathing rapidly yesterday too.

Also got a small psudosplendis and that didnt like my tank as soon as i put it in. Hes hanging onto dear life as well.

I added 5 blue green chromis and a flame angel at the same time and they are doing just dandy. Along with my other tank mates.

Heard online Potters angels are impossible and almost always die. Pretty sad...

Really need to find a good source and make sure it is eating before bringing a potters home. I've had one for about 2.5 moths now and he's a freaking pig!

I think the biggest thing with these fish is finding a healthy specimen that's eating. If not it's probably going to die

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Really need to find a good source and make sure it is eating before bringing a potters home. I've had one for about 2.5 moths now and he's a freaking pig!

I think the biggest thing with these fish is finding a healthy specimen that's eating. If not it's probably going to die

I picked it out in the store on a Thursday. Didnt take it home until Sunday - so it had a few days. Still looked good, and lively. Thing almost jumped out of the bag when the person in the store closed it up. Looked just perfect. This is an A+ store. Really wonder why it didnt do well.

So I went to my LFS and got a Potters Angel. Immediatly hides in the rocks, barely comes out. After 2 days i see it after I come from work laying down on the bottom of the tank breathing quickly. Has been breathing rapidly yesterday too.

Also got a small psudosplendis and that didnt like my tank as soon as i put it in. Hes hanging onto dear life as well.

I added 5 blue green chromis and a flame angel at the same time and they are doing just dandy. Along with my other tank mates.

Heard online Potters angels are impossible and almost always die. Pretty sad...

how old is your tank and how big is it
adding 8 fish at once is way to much that's a good way to throw your tank into a mini cycle and can be catastrophic on your live stock

I got all my dwarf angels online and every one was healthy it's about where you get them from , certain vendors I avoid like the plague as they have bad reputations .

almost all my stock and coral are from online , I always had good luck but I also do my homework first ,

Last edited:
how old is your tank
adding 8 fish at once is way to much that's a good way to throw your tank into a mini cycle and can be catastrophic on your live stock

I got all my dwarf angels online and every one was healthy it's about where you get them from , certain vendors I avoid like the plague as they have bad reputations .

almost all my stock and coral are from online , I always had good luck but I also do my homework first ,

I have a 75g for 7 years. Have a hippo tang, yellow tail damsel, and black and white damsel, and singapore angel.

5 blue green chromis were added, flame angel and potters angel.

Potters angel was the only that didnt make it, all others doing fine. All those small fish added, cant be that much of an issue?

Potters from my experience seemed to be get stressed quickly. A beautiful fish and when they are eating properly and aren't stressed really seem to be a nice center piece.

Had to give mine up until I can upgrade to a bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom