Question about Hyposalinity treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luntiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so today is day 3 of my lowing of the salinity for my tank. I have a hydrometer that is 8inches and I just borrowed my cousins and his is also 8inches. Well not a big suprise but both hydrometers read differently. Mine read 1.013 while his read 1.012. Althought .001 isn't much in a tank that has normal salinity I've read that for hypo it must be precisely 1.009. Well, after I found out the difference, I placed an order for a refractometer and it won't be here until late next week. Is it safe for me to leave it at 1.012-1.013? I'm a bit worried that my fish will die due to the ich because at 1.012-1.013 hypo won't kill the parasites??? What are the chances of my fish dying? My fish is getting a bit thin and hasnt eaten in 3 days. Will leaving it around my SG be helpful enough to get it to eat again or should I try to move it down to 1.010-1.011 just to be on the safer side?

Well thanks in advance!

I dont see where the ich would keep the fish from eating. What kind of fish is this and how long have you had it?

Female Gold Stripped Maroon. Have had it for one week. She developed some white spots 2 days after I got her and stopped eating 4 days after I got her. I also have a male and he has the white spots but is eating vigorously.

Back
Top Bottom