sick kole tang?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h20addict

Aquarium Advice Regular
Iv had a kole tang in my 75g display for about ten days now.
He has been doing great, eating marine cuisine and gtazing on rocks.
Last night around 3am my power went oit for about a half hr. So i got.up to check on my tanks( all six..)
And noticed the tang laying on the sand next to my squamosa clam, he didn't appear to be breathing heavy so i nudged him.with my feeding tube and he swam to his usuall hangout. I got up at 8am for work and he was again on.his side not far from were he was the first time with a snail almost on him, i figured he was a goner and went to scoop him up with the.net and when.i did, again he swam away and layed against a rock. I fed flake and target feed sum.mysis is his direction before i left.
Im about to go home on.lunch and check on.him but not sure were to go with him..

I would leave him alone. Aside from recommending pictures, I would have to say he is fine. Many fish actually lay down when they sleep, if you could imagine. I remember the first time I caught my fox face laying on its side on the sand bed. I was panicked. Now its become the norm. I have a blue hipo tang that does the same. Lately my fox face has been trying to use my leather finger coral as its bed. Kinda like its hosting it, but only to sleep during lights out.

Well i went home to check on him and he had passed on.
And now petco will not honor there 15 day return policy on marine life even with a water sample, the dead fish and the sales reciet.
I should have know better, first and last time i buy livestock from petco

Well i went home to check on him and he had passed on.
And now petco will not honor there 15 day return policy on marine life even with a water sample, the dead fish and the sales reciet.
I should have know better, first and last time i buy livestock from petco

I've never heard of a petco that has any kind of warranty on marine life. all 3 in my area say when it leaves the store, its your problem.

I've never heard of a petco that has any kind of warranty on marine life. all 3 in my area say when it leaves the store, its your problem.

X2 petco does not have a saltwater warranty. It has there warranty right on the bags they pack the fish in and on the receipt.

Check there website. 15 days on all marine fish coral and live rock.
Clear as day. No fine print about online only.
If they can warranty fresh for 30 days online and in store like there website claims then saltwater should be treated the same.
Gave corporate a nasty call and they have no choice but to give me a refund.
Sry if youv been douped by mindless petco employes. You.jusy have to know when to stand your ground

Back
Top Bottom