I'm not sure if my clown fish has got an infection or if he has simply injured himself on my long spined urchin. I have posted 2 photos of what he looks like now and one of what he looked like yesterday.
Other than the marks he looks very happy and eats very well. I have not ever seen any of the fish in this tank poo so can't comment on what that looks like! I don't test the water myself but I take it to my LFS
once a week to be tested. I change 10% of the water a week.
I have answered some questions below. What do you think it is?
1. How long have you had the fish? Do you know if it was wild caught, or tank raised?
2 months, tank raised (according to shop)
2. How long has the fish been in the tank? What are the tank mates? Any aggression?
There is another Clown fish but he is acting a bit strangely, staying in the same part of the tank among some seaweed - no sign of infection and coming out to eat fine. There is a regal tang, a long spined urchin, Xenia soft coral, 2 hermit crabs and lots of annoying aspatia.
3. Is the fish eating? If so what does it eat?
brine shrimp and new era marine flakes
4. What are the water parameters? pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, SPG? (actual numbers please: posting high, average or normal is not helpful) What saltwater test kit are you using?
I take a water sample to the fish shop every week and am always told the water is really good.
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc?
Started off with 3 little brown spots near the tail (they may have started out white, can't quite remember) and now has a much bigger white spot with a tiny brown spot in the middle
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)?
Not at all
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank?
The one with the marks seems happy, swimming around as normal
8. Did you use quarantine? If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? Is it in qt now? Are you currently treating with any medication(s)?
They were the first fish in the tank so did not quarantine
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated.
Added a small amount of tank water to the bag over two hours with the lights off.
10. What size system? What type of filtration do you use? Do you have any live rock or sand?
60litre tank. Lots of live rock / sand and a fluval filter. I have a much larger 140litre tank on order. Will also be getting a 400 litre tank in the next year because I know the regal tang will get large however he is tiny at the moment
11. Do you use any additives? Have you used any sort of meds in the main tank?