Sick pajamma cardinal/quarantine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XxVooDooxX

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok one of my cardinals got sick. He seems ok when I went to get my light timers and when I came home he was on the tank bottom trying to swim, he would float on his side and lay on the sand. The other cardinal was trying Yo pick at will as well. I have him in a temporary holding facility. This is the clincher for me. I'm making a QT in the morning, I have the tank, light, hood and a small HOB bio wheel. What do I need for this QT? Filtration and so forth. All info is great! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Your QT is adequate other than a heater, if needed, and decor for hiding such as pvc. It wouldn't hurt to add Polyaqua or similar stress/slime coat additive. Perform 50% water changes daily or even twice daily. Any redness, lesions, soars, white salt-like or velvety sheen appearance?

Bag acclimate. But I'm not doing that any more. He's been in my tank for a week and looked ok. The other one is big snd healthy. He just passed

I know there will be a lot of losses on the saltwater road, but this is my first one.......what a bummer

If it was a new addition it could have been that the other cardinal was aggressive towards it causing internal damage (if no fins torn, etc) or it could have just succumbed to disease or internal abnormality ...many variables.

Back
Top Bottom