Sick Pipe Organ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calvin

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just added this pipe organ approximately 3 days ago. At the LFS, it was fully open and looked great. Since I've put it in my tank, it has only partialy opened. Is this normal? What can I do to for it if it is sick?

TIA,
Calvin

72 gal fitted, w/ CustomSeaLife 4 x 65 watt pc light. This Pipe Organ shares the tank with several reef safe fish, a Frog spawn, bubble and several mushroom corals who all look to be doing fine. As far as I can tell, none of the other tank mates have picked on it. As far as water quality goes, ph - 8.3, Ammonia - 0, no2 - 0, no3 0 - 5ppm. Hope that helps.

THI
Calvin

It is probably just acclimating to the different conditions than it's used to, if it hasn't opened up in another day or so, I would move it to an area with different lighting and water movement.

Okay, It's looking a bit worse now then it did yesterday. The only open polyps are on the right side. Everything else it retracted. I did notice a couple serpant stars had hitched it with him. I'm assuming thats what they are. Could they be to blame? It there anything a can do to fire this fellow up about life again??

Back
Top Bottom