Six Line... Jumpers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Tonite I opened my dt hood and there he was... On my glass center platform, dead. Poor guy. Do six lines usually jump? He's never had ich or been sick. All of my other fish seem fine. 135g fowlr.

Wrasses are jumpers. Sorry about your fish. I had a wrasse jump a while back; it sucks.

Thx bg! Do they do it from stress. He showed no signs and perms are great. Ugh. He was one cool dude. I guess it's off to the lfs this weekend. What's your thought on a fox face? Currently I have 5 chromis, 2 clowns, 1 Picasso, I pseudochromie, 1 green spot goby, 1 anthias... And a nice cuc.

I love foxfaces! They are so cool IMO. I even think their colors when they sleep/get stressed are cool. :) And then when they raise their dorsal fins-too cool!! I would love one, but can't put one in a 55g. :( You should totally get one!!

Yes they are all jumpers. I had a flasher wrasse jump a while ago. My tank is in my bedroom next to the door, and i had a bag hanging on the door. Well i didnt see my wrasse for a day or so so i thought it died in the rock somewhere. Couldnt find it anywhere. Then my cat started trying to get into the bag hanging on the door. YEP, that's where it jumped to. Lesson learned. Got an eggcrate for the top. Havent gotten another wrasse yet, but i plan to. They are so interesting and pretty. Definitely a nice addition to any tank.

I lost my wrasse the other night nowhere to be found
tonight I looked and found him in my 40b next to the 37g
guess he wanted change of atmosphere

Get a foxface,

I only have a foxface and a pink spot goby in my 100, the foxface is my best buddy.

I had an 8 line wrasse jump out 2 hours after I bought him...thought he was shy and hiding in the rocks,couldn't find him for a few days then I seen this crispy thing behind the tank

I would suggest an egg crate top also. After my wrasse jumped, I made one for my bowfront. It wasn't difficult at all. Only cost $15 for the whole sheet of eggcrate and a little bit of time. I have a wrasse again, and if he wants to jump, he'll have to aim well. Haha

:popcorn:That is AWESOME that he jumped from one tank to another! I thought it was impressive that mine jumped into a bag on the door. Even if it was suicidal:facepalm:

My sand sifting goby jumped onto my in tank filter and didn't find him till to late and was in room when happened as not long feed them but was busy so I'm gutted as was my first fish.
Thing with fish that jump is they will go for holes so eggcrate would need have small holes or fish will try it out

You can also do a screen top which lets more light pass through. I also think it looks better. I've done open top, egg crate, glass top and now a screen. I wish I'd done the screen a long time ago. You can get the clear screen from Bulk Reef Supply for sure. Some other places might sell it as well. I don't know what the "real" purpose of the screening is, but it seems ideal for aquariums.

I too, have lost a few wrasses. They're my favorite group of fish.

41906-albums2492-picture53206.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom