Six Line Wrasse Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superswamper

Aquarium Advice Regular
My six line has not been eating as he had in the past. It appears that he may be losing a bit of his color near his face. For those of you with six lines, what have you had success with in feeding them? He used to eat the frozen food, but doesn't seem to be interested during feedings anymore. He does pick at the live rock in the tank, though.

We have a 75 g w/ about 65 lbs of LR. I know we're a little shy of the recommeded LR per gallon ratio.

Mine eats flake, blender mush, pods, and bristle worms... I don't think it ever goes hungry...Could be a stress issue... what other tank mates does he have?

what have you had success with in feeding them?

Like Tim, blender mush and pods and xenia polyps.

He does pick at the live rock in the tank, though.

he's hunting pods and other micro fauna.

Does the fish appear to be getting thinner? Mine always looked like it had swallowed a basketball.

Timbo,

The tankmates currently are 2 clowns, 1 banded goby, 1 yellow tail damsel, and 1 chalk bass. There haven't been any new introductions in over a month. I also have 2 cleaner shrimp.

Should I be able to buy pods at the LFS to supplement the ones currently in the tank? Maybe he has depleted the population?

Our tank is only 6 months old, so hopefully the tank inhabitants are appropriate for our tank's age.

Reef,

He doesn't appear to be getting any thinner, but used to one of the first ones to answer the dinner bell. I'll keep an eye on him. Thanks.

1 yellow tail damsel, and 1 chalk bass
These could be causing some stress, as the six line likes to rove around a lot.... Could be darting in and out of protected areas....

Kevin,

Mine doesn't eat my Xenia.... Haven't lost any yet...

112903056.jpg

They are hard... I ended up using a flash to catch a still...I was only allowed to get a few... One is 169K so I don't have it posted but here is another shot...

112903055.jpg

Back
Top Bottom