Torch coral dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I got this torch maybe 3 weeks ago, and it has not opened up at all since I got it. I check everyday and it isn't receding or getting worse, it's just not getting better or opening up and I'm very confused. Here's a picture of it it literally looks like this 24/7 it actually may open up a tiny bit more at night but not much1488643328719.jpg

Is it in a low flow area? What are the current parameters?
It's in fairly high flow, and I'm at work now so I don't know parameters off hand but they are very good and very consistent, the numbers are almost the same as I posted on my thread not too long ago

looking at your torch to me it looks like a short tentacle torch , that's about all it will extend giving it the ice cream scoop or bunny tail look.

long tentacle torch when extended looks like pompom's that cheerleaders use , when they are closed up it's almost impossible to tell them apart as they look the same ,
both long and short tentacle's look awesome , torch needs a med to high flow to thrive.
almost no flow they will look upset and not open full,

water parameters are another thing torches will react strange if there are high traces of nitrates/phosphates present , even low levels of ammonia , if you learn how different corals react to different things you can actually start to read what your corals are telling you ,

so be sure to check your parameters and your flow once your torch is happy you'll be happy .my main concern would be what I highlighted

edit:

after seeing your above post
you may be in too high of a flow area that would be another thought

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom