? About my Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rkrk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1~My Dwarf Gourami has something funky going on with its mouth.

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia - 0, nitrites - 0, nitrates - 20 ppm, temp 78-79, pH 7.4)

3~ How large is the tank - 20 long. How long has the tank been set up - six weeks

4~What type of filtration are you using? Aqua clear 30 - set to full

5~How many fish are in the tank? Hoplow cat x 1
Glow tetra x 2
Dwarf Gourami x 1
Kuhli Loach x 1
Glow light tetra x 7 (1)
Snail x 1
Oto cat x 1

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel - weekly on Sunday - about 25 %.

7~The DG has been with me for about 5 weeks.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank - nothing new

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish - flake food - no changes

I think it is trauma since the only thing that has happened was my one betta turned up dead and chewed up. I presume the DG did the dirty work given the makeup of the tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416365972.968494.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416365994.090428.jpg

Seems healthy otherwise but that is one funky looking mouth...

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No thoughts?

It appears to be a growth or fungus of some kind. I originally thought it had a rock stuck to its mouth until I enlarged the photo. You may want to treat for fungus, or do a google search on mouth fungus in freshwater fish. He could have hurt himself and isnt able to eat now also, which wont be good.

ppo8820,

Thanks for the response

The fish seems to be eating without problem - taking flake food as it was before the change. Will look into the mouth fungus concern.

thanks
rk

It appears to be a growth or fungus of some kind. I originally thought it had a rock stuck to its mouth until I enlarged the photo. You may want to treat for fungus, or do a google search on mouth fungus in freshwater fish. He could have hurt himself and isnt able to eat now also, which wont be good.

Eating is excellent. That's always a positive sign and the coloring looks great, which is also good.

Back
Top Bottom