Add Insult to injury. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr502go

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got home today, lil white specks on Kirby!!!! Grrrr, poor feller, he seems spry as usual, though I have noticed recently his coloring has gotten a bit lighter, I will go get him some meds tomorrow on the way in from work. I'm thinking he's got either Velvet or Ich.

Any recomendations??

Urgh. What a pain.

You've a coupla options there. Meds, or the high temp/salt treatments. I've only used the salt and high temp treatments and its been really successful BUT my fish are able to handle the salt levels and the temps for a couple of weeks.

If you haven't read "Peter's Ich Notes" go take a look; it will give you the backround you need to decide which route to take: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/fish/notes_ich.html

I'm also wondering if he has "gold dust" syndrome, he looks like he's got gold fuzz all over him, actually you can see a lil of it in the picture of him for the contest, but I didn't know any better at the time. Maybe someone can tell me if that's what it is, or if it's normal (never had a bristlenose before)

Post it here Mr502; I'm leaving for work and will check when I have a few moments there. Won't have time to search for a pic tho LOL

Here's the Pic:

805Kirby-Contest-med.JPG

Back
Top Bottom