African Dwarf frog sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rach101

Aquarium Advice Addict
My african dwarf frog has started to float at the top of the water and dosnt seem able to do nothing but such. He is seemingly bloated. When i tried to feed him food her went over on his back. Hes swmming back right ways.

i have a 2 year old bullfrog with part of his body protruding from his bottom. can anyone help. the tank is fresh + clean.

Bloat (usually bacterial) does occasionally occur with aquatic frogs, although it is more common in clawed frogs.

The bullfrog has a prolapsed rectum, very possibly caused by an improper, non-varied diet or a swallowed foreign object/non-digestible. What have you been feeding him, especially lately?

sultana said:
i have a 2 year old bullfrog with part of his body protruding from his bottom. can anyone help. the tank is fresh + clean.

Bullfrogs stay tadpoles for ~2 years then they start growing their body parts (metamorphesis) and at that time they should be provided an area to get out of the water onto dry land (terrarium). I have two in my pond in my backyard. and Like Toirtis said your frog is deformed :(

....Someone stole my turtle out of my pond a couple days ago.... I'd had him for a year last month. :cry: The neighbors said they heard their dog barking at 10 at night the hight before he was missing. Now I put out a 3 ft long galvanized metal pipe in a more "accessible" spot outside in case I see anyone in my backyard at night :evil: .

Back
Top Bottom