angel with bump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crowsmuse

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok here we go...
72 bowfront
South American community tank

PH 7.4
Hi ph 7.4
Nitrite 0 - . 25
Ammonia 0
Nitrate... Around 5ppm

Treating for ick on my rummies,
Was stupid and didn't use a quarantine..
Just wondering, is this bump on my sweeties face ick?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-14-20-58-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-14-20-58-34.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 59
Ok... How did he get it?
What do I do?

It's a viral infection much like the common cold for humans, it was brought in by another fish. Their is no cure since its viral but rarely is it fatal. I'd start with daily water changes keeping the nitrates below 10ppm for 7 days.

My nitrates are already below 10, won't Daily water changes stress out the fish I'm trying to cure of ick?
as well as the angel with the bump?

When I treat for ich I don't use chemicals so I can't comment on what their directions are, I just use the heat/salt method and I do perform daily water changes during treatment. Water changes don't stress out fish at all, you could do them 2-3 times per day with no ill effects.

I only used Pima fix, and heat up to 80

Should I do daily 20%? And stop Pima ?

Stop the Pimafix and bring the temp up to 86F, then add 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons. I then perform daily water changes of 25% replacing only the salt for the amount of water you've removed. Follow that for 12-14 days and the ich and lymphocytis will disappear.

Last edited:
One last but very important question

May I please put my charcoal back in?

ok so yesterday, i treated the entire tank with 1 tbs salt per 5 gallon

i kid you not.. the white bump popped off his face like a 12 year old popping acne.
there is a black scar where it was, but it is gone.
i did a 20 % change and added salt per 5 gallons added.
along with seachem prime of course.

things seem to be ok, i don't think my skunk loach is too pleased though.
i have a question as of today.

i will do this for 2 weeks

but my question is
tomorrow i am to add 4 assassin snails to the tank, they are coming with a friend to take care of my pond snail bloom.

is it safe to add them?
i hear they arent too keen on salt.

Believe it or not I've never owned a snail so I'm not educated enough to answer for sure, but at that dosage of salt I think they'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom