Asap need a response fish dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcnomnom

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
PLEASE HELP! I have a dalmation lyretail mollie and just resently he has been laying in a rainbow shape (or an upside down U) at the bottom of the tank....hes not dead but looks like he is. When he tries to swim he swimms in a barrel roll type way or faces down but his tail sticks up and he tries to swim. All his fins are out when hes at the bottom and breaths slowly. WHATS WRONG WITH HIM?? Im scared hes going to die. I have a 10 gallon tank two mollies two guppies all male i feed them once a day 4tropical fish flakes total that goes into the tank. Ive had my tank set up for a month and a half about at a month i had to treat the tank for ich and cotton wool i did its all gone (yes i know for sure it is) i am a beginner my levels arenitrate: 10 nitrite 1.0 (yes i now thats high but a couple weeks ago it was 10 so its a big change) hardness:150 chlorine: 0 alkalinity: 60 ph: 7.1 ammonia: 0 temp. : 80

Mcnomnom said:
PLEASE HELP! I have a dalmation lyretail mollie and just resently he has been laying in a rainbow shape (or an upside down U) at the bottom of the tank....hes not dead but looks like he is. When he tries to swim he swimms in a barrel roll type way or faces down but his tail sticks up and he tries to swim. All his fins are out when hes at the bottom and breaths slowly. WHATS WRONG WITH HIM?? Im scared hes going to die. I have a 10 gallon tank two mollies two guppies all male i feed them once a day 4tropical fish flakes total that goes into the tank. Ive had my tank set up for a month and a half about at a month i had to treat the tank for ich and cotton wool i did its all gone (yes i know for sure it is) i am a beginner my levels arenitrate: 10 nitrite 1.0 (yes i now thats high but a couple weeks ago it was 10 so its a big change) hardness:150 chlorine: 0 alkalinity: 60 ph: 7.1 ammonia: 0 temp. : 80

Sounds like swim bladder. U need to do a wc with trites that high

Your tank isn't cycled and is really overstocked. There probably be won't be much you can do except for keep up with the water changes and hope for the best. Don't get discouraged just keep up with the water changes and look for a great deal on a larger tank.

I have been doing 50 precent changes every week. And is swim bladder treatable? And i realized my tank was overstocked too late....the pet store people just wanted me to buy the fish not actually keep them alive...i relized later after it was to late to take them back that it was overstocked...ive done tons of reasearch but it seems everything i do nothing gets better

Thanks. I will. But with swim bladder disease what can i do about it?

Try to get it to eat a pea, (frozen pea par boiled and skinned) it might help relieve some of the symptoms of swim bladder problems

Back
Top Bottom