back to square one with fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bambithegirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi All,

Matisse was doing so well and though his tail is shorter it is already smooth around the edges with no more chunks missing.

I treated him once with tetra general tonic which killed some of my plants but it seemed to do the trick.

Matisse has never changed his behaviour or eating habits so I was patiently waiting it out for his fins to grow back completely.

But this morning I saw a little hole in his bottom fin which is how the other fin rot started. WHY???

He has a spotless tank, I do weekly water changes, no other fish in his 30L tank with him and no excess food left in tank. I only give him 3 pellets soaked in garlic once a day. (bloodworms on saturdays).

Ive used carbon in my filter to remove the meds for about 5 days now, which I will take out but I just dont know what else to do with this little guy.

Ive got aquarium salt that ive never used. Should I try that? is this just going to keep happening. So frustrating.

Please help.

Back
Top Bottom