Beta sick??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cwilliamson

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help! I don't know if I'm just being paranoid, but I feel like something's going on with my betas fins? He usually pretty active and building bubble nests. Recently he's been hanging around the bottom. I've cleaned tank/put fresh water and new plants in but nothing has changed. Sos! IMG_8112.jpgIMG_8112.jpg

Well, he is very pretty, I do see some black marks and I am not sure what that is, my only guesses of help would be that you should check the temp, the PH, cleaner amounts, and all the basic needs should be checked over twice! also im not sure on the fins.. srry! :)

Help! I don't know if I'm just being paranoid, but I feel like something's going on with my betas fins? He usually pretty active and building bubble nests. Recently he's been hanging around the bottom. I've cleaned tank/put fresh water and new plants in but nothing has changed. Sos! View attachment 296087View attachment 296087

how big is your tank? is it filtered? heated? how often do you feed him?

My tank is 3.6 gal, heated with no filter. I feed him every other day and clean the water every 1-1.5 weeks

That's the issue then. Get him a filter asap, he has ammonia poisoning, that's why there's black spots. Ammonia is buliding up to deadly level with in days, without a filter I would recommend doing water changes at least every other day. Looks like he also might have fun clamp, which is caus wby stress

That's the issue then. Get him a filter asap, he has ammonia poisoning, that's why there's black spots. Ammonia is buliding up to deadly level with in days, without a filter I would recommend doing water changes at least every other day. Looks like he also might have fun clamp, which is caus wby stress

Hey! Thanks for replying, What filter would you recommend? I read they don't like high moving water.

That really depends, I perfer hang on back (or hob) but a sponge filter would work better I believe, they don't have much flow and a lot of people use them in shrimp tanks and such.

1.5 weekly water change in such a small tank with or without a filter seems extreme to me. ImO, Evan doing 1/4 water changes every 2-3 days gives your fish a much better chance. Make sure to treat the water with a good conditioner. I usually set up a separate jug or tank with a heater and pre treated water. I let it sit for a day to reduce the chlorine (I think ) let the conditioner soak in as well as heat up to a not so shocking Temp, before replacing any tank water

My tank is 3.6 gal, heated with no filter. I feed him every other day and clean the water every 1-1.5 weeks

bettas need a five gallon tank minimum, a filter, and a heater.
Fifty percent WC's a week are needed for every tank.

Back
Top Bottom