Betta with clear poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cadet328

Aquarium Advice Regular
Noticed last weekend when I came home to visit from school my betta had clear poop hanging from her (to be specific it wasn't white) my mom who feeds her while I'm at school told me it had been stuck for a day or two. I was able to scoop her up in a net and remove it no problem. Assuming it was constipation once again, I fasted her for two days then returned her to her 3-4 pellets a day regime. She pooped normally so I went back to school. Came back today for Christmas break and noticed it happening again. It's only been there for about an hour. I just wanted to get feedback from y'all.
Should I fast again? Or is this parasites? She's swimming normally, eating normally, completely normal except the poop.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387346585.302887.jpg
As you can see here, her poop starts out normal color then is pretty much clear. It gets stuck at this length. I will pull it out again tomorrow if I have to but she really does hate that net...

Try varying the diet. A constant diet of dried manufactured foods can cause digestive problems such as constipation. Try some thawed out frozen daphnia as this is a good mix of natural protein and roughage. Feed only this for a day or two, then use frozen foods two or three times a week.

I couldn't get my hands on any frozen daphnia... I've ordered some online but it's currently out of stock. I've been alternating frozen bloodworms and pellets skipping Saturday. She's been pooping normally, I was so excited! Until yesterday... Again with the clear poop :(

Back
Top Bottom