Betta with fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I think my brother's betta has fin rot. Can anyone confirm this? I would also like advice on how to treat it.
Thank You!

maxwellag said:
Hi, I think my brother's betta has fin rot. Can anyone confirm this? I would also like advice on how to treat it.
Thank You!

It does look like the start of it. I'm not 100% sure though. But when in doubt, do water change!!

If this is confirmed to be fin rot by other members: Do 50-75% water changes everyday then add some melafix, until improves. If this does not work, you could try maracyn I or II. Fin rot comes from poor water conditions, does your brother keep him in a bowl?

It does look like the start of it. I'm not 100% sure though. But when in doubt, do water change!!

If this is confirmed to be fin rot by other members: Do 50-75% water changes everyday then add some melafix, until improves. If this does not work, you could try maracyn I or II. Fin rot comes from poor water conditions, does your brother keep him in a bowl?

He keeps him in a 1 gallon tank, but I forced him to get the tank a filter.

maxwellag said:
He keeps him in a 1 gallon tank, but I forced him to get the tank a filter.

Oh that's not too bad! At least there's a filter :)

Lets wait and see what others say about it. I'm not 100% it's fin rot

Back
Top Bottom