Black patches?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know your thinking ammonia burns but hold on.
Am0ppms
Ni0ppms
NA40-80PPM
Ph6.8-7.0
Other than my nitrates being too high and my ph being a little oddly low I cant say there ammonia burns. I used a mastertest kit. I have three ryukins in a 37gal with a aquaclear70 and a sunsun40. I do 10-15gal water changes once a week. I'm a little behind right now I just got back from vacation.
I just started feeding them this new hikari fancy goldfish sinking food. My orange ryukin has a large white patch thats starting behind her gillcovers. And my two calicos both have new black patches. I thought at first maybe her fungus had come back, the orange ones had a problem with a fungus but this is just the scales.
New coloration from their food? I'll get photos asap.

This photo thing isnt happening tonight :( too much algae and its dinner time so they wont quit moving. I'll take them tommorow when I do there water change.

So I retested three more times and finnally got the results I was dreading. Ammonia. .25ppms :( does this mean I have to start my cycle again??
I added some prime to neutralize the ammonia until the morning when I can give them their water change. I feel like such a bad owner :( my poor goldfish

Ammonia, too high of nitrate levels and a ph that is borderline too low for these guys. Water changes, water changes, water changes until your tank stabilizes. Make sure your doing good gravel vacs and that you rinse the filter media in some used tank water to remove any excess debris.

I did a ten gal water changes rinsed the gravel and rinsed one of my sponges in the sink. Not for both filters I didnt think it was a good idea to do both at once. I have well water so no chlorine. I'll be running over to my friends house to get more water shortly.
My tank seems to do this every once in a while =\ the ph will lower and I'll go through a mini cycle. Is that due to the nitrates? I cant get a bigger tank till around this time next year: ( Gotta move out first.
One more question, how long until I can test again?? I used prime water conditioner and it messed up my last tests.

Man, sounds like your in a bit of a fire there huh:/ sorry, do water changes, and test every other day, good luck:)

Back
Top Bottom