Black Skirt Tetra gone mad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black hills tj

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Everyone,

This morning it seems like my black skirt tetra(yes one) has lost his mind. I've never had a problem with him before but today he keeps nipping at my madagascar rainbows who continue to swim right at the surface. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Funny thing..yesterday i was looking at him and was like wow..his face looks like a pirahna. He's never nipped at anything else before though...odd. Well, looks like I don't have to worry about it as now I am madagascar rainbow-less. :(

hey black hills seen a pic of your tank if u still got the under ground filter in there it needs to go those things are bad news traps way to much crap under there and can harm the tank this my be your problem why you keep losing fish

Its been running for 2 years like this and I hardly ever lose a fish. I just recently added new ones and I think that is what caused it. The remaining fish look fine to me now.

kickeralpine said:
hey black hills seen a pic of your tank if u still got the under ground filter in there it needs to go those things are bad news traps way to much crap under there and can harm the tank this my be your problem why you keep losing fish

i second this, a simple hob filter does a much better job then underground. i imagine undergrounds are why back in the day people used to buy tanks and theyd end up in their garage sale within a year

Funny you say he looks like a piranha. They are very closely related, kinda like big cats (lions and tigers) and little cats (cougars and domestic cats). Tetras and piranhas are in the same family. I call my buenos aires tetras miniature red-finned piranhas. Makes them sound as vicious as they act.

Back
Top Bottom