blind as a bat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CRaZeeeBiTcHisH

Aquarium Advice Freak
anybody have any experience with fish that are blind that aren't supposed to be ? i have a tattered little albino angelfish, had him a couple of days now--think i now know why his fins are so messed up--he couldn't see anything coming at him--first noticed him acting hungry but letting food go right by his face...watched closer and he bumps into things all the time, doesn't seem to have much sense of where he's going or where he's been, not even as well as i would expect of a blind fish...he has managed to eat a few small bits, but i don't know how to fatten him up--his belly is slightly sunken...moved him out of the community, now his roommate is one feeder guppy--have tried killing all the currents at feeding time, but it doesn't seem to be helping--he's about an inch, so he's managed to eat for awhile--anyone have any suggestions?have tried with lights on and off, etc....any help appreciated, he has the potential to be a gorgeous fish!

i'd be careful leaving PH's on.. They can get sucked into them.. Tho as long as thing has its strength it can get away.. but I have seen it happen b4 on sick fish soo I imagine if its blind and gets too close or next to it it might have a tuff time getting away.

Jacob

Back
Top Bottom