blue lobster with white fuzz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waicool

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I believe my blue lobster is sick. he isn't acting any different but has white fuzz growing out of his shell. anyone know about this?

WaterPond said:
picture would help great, along with a list of the things you are feeding it, tankmates, and water parameters
Agreed! Water parameters are always something needed when problems like this occur.

I have (17) cardinal tetras, (2) 3-spot guarami's and a placo, the tank is 6 months going, i do water changes every 60 days or so. I just tried taking a picture but my camera isn't working, bummer.... i will try to get more info posted asap, thanks for the quick response.

btw, the tetras appear healthy, the guarami's are lurking on the bottom and very jittery, not like the graceful fish i know them to be.

well water changes should really be done at least once every two weeks, once or twice a week is preferable.
If your gouramis are skittish that could also indicate water parameters are wrong. Please get them posted asap.

blazeyreef said:
...that could also indicate water parameters are wrong. Please get them posted asap.

12-03-07
Temp = 81.8
Ph = 6.4
Amonia = .1 ppm
Nitrite = .1 ppm
Nitrate = 1.0 ppm

1. You might be on the warm side for the water. Try taking it down to 75 degrees, but do it a couple degrees an hour on the heater.
2. Do a water change. Your ammonia and nitrites should be reading 0. The fact that you think you have a level there means a water change as a precaution wouldn't hurt.

got it, water change happens tomorrow, thanks for the help, camera should be working by then too

Back
Top Bottom