blue ram spitting all food out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey everyone. as most of you know i have a sick ram that has (or had) an internal parasite and i still got it in quarantine. it's normally been spitting out everything i give it except for flake food, but now i added seachem's garlic guard to my cichlid pellets and it still spits them out (i even was sure not to add a lot)

but now, a day later, it's spitting out all of it's flake food too...it just chews up everything to a fine dust and spits it out...it seems like it has somewhat of an appetite though, because it keeps picking at rocks (like my other rams do)

any thoughts?

When my rams are really hungry they tend to eat quickly and are really messy. They make a lot of fine particles that it looks like they are spitting out (which my neons love to swim around and snap up), but there are fewer particles comming out than could make up the flake that went in. Are you sure he's actually spitting most of it out? Maybe it would help to feed smaller amounts more frequently?

I've seen my ram's eat like that also. He grabs a large piece, chews it up and spits it out, then grabs a smaller piece and repeats the process. It is hard to tell if he actually eats any of it.

yeah i'm not sure what's up with it...i've seen my other rams spit food out and eat it again, but this one tries to eat it, spits it out, and then lets it just float away

i'll keep trying though lol

My Rams do the same thing, my big Ram loves the sinking shrimp pellets and tries to take to big a piece off of the pellet and the food ends up coming back out of his mouth as if he took too much to chew and is sptting some out. Funny to see that there are so many other's with Rams who do the same.

Sounds like your Ram is in good company, hope he's on the mend!

Back
Top Bottom