Boesemani Rainbow Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kuriuskitten

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I really wanted these fish. They are not working out. I have bought 5 total, all 5 have died. One is unaccounted for and assumed among the dead.
I bought 2 first, than 3.

The only things I have noticed is they all seem stressed, two have had trouble swimming in the flow, and one was skimming the top for air.

Water parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, less than 5 nitrates. Did a water change anyway. Lightly planted. pH 6.8. soft water.

Other tank mates are 3 zebra loaches and 4 australian rainbows. They all seem healthy and happy.

Why is only the Boesemani dying? I thought maybe the flow is too much? Or maybe australians are bullying/scaring them?

Should I get another 2 australian rainbows or try some other fish? I really wanted some more color. I like the congo tetras, but they like still water with lower lights I read. Maybe some rose or golden barbs?

Maybe had just arrived in at store if declined shortly after buying?

I’ve had Congo tetras under high light ok. I think they would be ok unless really strong flow as a good size fish.

Considering the tankmates are all apparently doing well, the Bosemani problem is likely linked to the vendor. Maybe just an unhealthy shipment of Rainbows.

Back
Top Bottom