Bronze Corys dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John h

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Today I found one oft bronze cores on his side gasping. About an hour later a second one is doing the same. I can't see anything physically wrong with them apart from their behavior.

The tank is a mature community tank with gouramis, platies, blue neon tetras, bronze corys and some shrimp.

I did a water test and a 20% water change even though the results looked ok (ammonia-0, nitites-0,nitrates-40)

What could be wrong and can I save my corys?

Do another water change. You could have some aeration issues. But when you do the water change, let the water level drop 2 inches below it's original level.

Ok, did another water change. I can't drop the water level due to my filter outlet. I get pretty good surface agitation from my filter, but I have added a air stone on a separate pump for now, just in case.

I can't really add anything more, but I want to say good luck, and I hope your cories make it. I have four peppered cories, and I love them to death.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

The first one that I found, looks pretty bad, just lying on his side with an occasional twitch. The second one seems to look a little better, but not 100%

Do another change first thing tomorrow. Hopefully they'll stick it out through the night.

Back
Top Bottom