Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2004, 08:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Brown algae (diatoms?)

What besides otos will eat the brown algae that's formed in my 75 gal on the artificial plants. I don't want to put otos in there, they'd be too hard to find and catch if I had to move them.

Right now this tank only has 4 platys and 1 pictus catfish, so I'm not too limited on what I could get.

And God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life..." So God created great sea creatures and every sort of fish... And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Let the fish multiply and fill the oceans..." Genesis 1:20-22
cginflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I know you said you don't want ottos, but when my brown algae problem started I didn't know what to do and so many people said get the ottos. So I go 3 ottos and they had the tank clean in less than a week. The tank is now cystal clean and they are fish that don't bother anyone and no one else seems to notice them. If all else fails go for the ottos.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Rocket, I have otos in my 10 gal. They're great fish, but I really don't want to put them in the 75 gal because it would be so hard to catch them if i had to move them for any reason.

And God said, "Let the waters swarm with fish and other life..." So God created great sea creatures and every sort of fish... And God saw that it was good. Then God blessed them, saying, "Let the fish multiply and fill the oceans..." Genesis 1:20-22
cginflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:37 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

How about a bristlenose pleco?
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
algae, brown algae, diatom, diatoms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com