Bulges on Bettas' Neck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Youvegotmidge

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My brother as a betta fish tank. We have 3 female betta fish. I went away for a week and left my brother to take care of them. When I came back they had bulges in the front of their necks. Their scales are laying flat. They fluctuated color when they were first put in the tank, but they have been consistent since. They seem to group, and always have. We have had them for about 2 months and we were told they were quite young when we bought them, but we put them together about 3-4 weeks ago. Last weekend my brother (without consulting me) introduced four ghost shrimp, a snail and a moss ball. They live in a 10 gallon tank with 3 plastic plants and a pirate ship to hide in. The tank is kept at 67 degrees. Our filter the tetra whisper 10i filter. We changed about half the water last week. We do water changes every two weeks. I don't have the nitrate, nitrite, and ph levels. I did buy a test to check them

Attachments

• fish1.jpg
    fish1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 58
That is interesting. I'm not sure honestly, but is it possible he may have over fed? I haven't observed an over fed betta yet and am not sure of the location of their stomach though, just a guess.

Also I would consider getting a small heater to regulate their temperature up to the 78 degree mark.

That's where their stomach is. Do a fast for a day or two. Then, if you can, try daphnia. If not, boiled pea. Daphnia is better for bettas than pea, I think, since they're carnivores.

Back
Top Bottom