Bushy Pleco sick ?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott F

Aquarium Advice Freak
Upon examining my tank this morning I found that one of my glo-fish in my sons tank had died. I did a routine check of all my other fish and the only one that seemed / looked different was my bushy nose pleco.

Water is @ 7.7 PH ( we run high here ), 0 amonia, 0 nitrites and >2 Nitrate. Temp is 78.

Set up my quarantine tank and put him in there with a running secondary filter from another tank, and the water at 78-80. He was moving around alright, but this is what he looks like and normally he / she is a fairly bright blonde color. Also I immediately did a 60% water change although I had already planned to do it this weekend. Normally I do a 10% / 40-50% alternating water changes per week.

ANY help would be appreciated...sick fish are something I've never dealt with before :(

Attachments

• 005-1.jpg
    005-1.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 59
How exactly did the pleco seem different? Also, I'm not too sure that is a bushy nose pleco... looks more like a bulldog or rubber lip pleco to me. Hopefully someone else can chime in here.

TotallyCoral said:
How exactly did the pleco seem different? Also, I'm not too sure that is a bushy nose pleco... looks more like a bulldog or rubber lip pleco to me. Hopefully someone else can chime in here.

+1 doesn't look like a bn. Haven't had enough kinds of Pleco to hazard a guess to what it might be.

Well I adopted him with a tank that I bought, and since you guys brought it up, you're right...he doesn't look like one although that's what I was originally told.

Anyhow....normally he was a light tan like a manilla envelope would bethe best way to describe him.

Yesterday he was very dark, had that " bruise" looking mark on his side and small bumps all over.

However, this morning, he looks better in the QT that I set up. My LFS thought it was ich that he had so I'm treating him for it now and his color has somewhat comeback as well as the mark on his side has gone down in size.

Back
Top Bottom