Cory Diagnosis~ Urgent!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dangerismymiddlename

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello All, I am starting this thread in the Unhealthy Fish section, hoping to get some help from the experts.
1. My Julii Corydoras appears to at first have some sort of white shiny film on one side of his face. When we bought him, I noticed that by the time we got him home, he was missing one barbel; however, the film was NOT on the side of the missing barbel. Now, about 10 hours later, this mysterious white film has all but disappeared and now the poor fellow's eyes are beginning to bulge like he has popeye. He is breathing normally and only appears to be slightly paler than his buddies.
2. The API master liquid test kit shows the following parameters: ammo ~0, nitrite <=.25, nitrate ~2, pH 7.6.
3. The tank is a 29gal and has been cycling for about 5 weeks. We have been performing weekly pwc's and recently been performing pwc's every 2 days to keep water parameters in check.
4. The filter is a tetra whisper ex45
5. Currently there are 5 julii cories, 6 zebra danios, and 2 smaller pearl gouramis in the tank along with a number of malaysian trumpet snails that stay underground.
6. The last water change was Sunday, March 6 and everytime before has been 30-50% pwcs
7. The fish was purchased this past Saturday. We left in the bad and set it in the tank for 30 minutes, then added 30% of my tank water to the bag, waited 15 minutes and added 30% more, and waiting another 15 minutes before putting him into the tank.
8. No new decor.
9. We have been feeding the cories shrimp pellets every other day and they get the leftover tetracolor flakes the other fish do not eat. I supplement their diet with boiled crushed peas about every 3-5 days. Last night we gave the fish a treat of frozen bloodworms.

Please help me figure out what is going on and how to fix the poor guy. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Andrew

Attachments

• 0307111150.jpg
    0307111150.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 121
  • downsized950307111501.jpg
    downsized950307111501.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 117
  • downsized950307112053a.jpg
    downsized950307112053a.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 115
Aww :( Sorry about your little guy.

Columnaris seems to have been running rampant latley, so keep an eye on your other fish.

Thank you for the links! I just am not sure if that was what my cory had. The spot wasn't fuzzy or cottony but rather looked smooth and shiny. And the odd thing was that within 12 hours the spot had mostly disappeared and he then had symptoms of popeye. It was all very strange.
But whatever he had must have came from the cesspool tank at pet supplies plus. I know have a 26% mortality rate from that place-all from the same cory tank...

Hi just thought I would drop a line but my cory exactly the same as yours died this morning he had a White Mark further down than what's shown on your piks he was bought from petsathome in the Uk, the others seem fine at the minute not had them long either

just saying but im pretty sure those arent juli corys and the false juli cories just sayin! and sorry for your loss i lost a juli cory about a week ago from ammonia burns.

Back
Top Bottom