Cory has weird white ball on dorsal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Qozux

Aquarium Advice Regular
This this is kinda pimple like. Thinking maybe he got bit. Thoughts? I got a vid too. But I'm not sure how to put it up.

Attachments

• image-3108133279.jpg
    image-3108133279.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image-765758188.jpg
    image-765758188.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image-465577365.jpg
    image-465577365.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 71
It's not a bite. It's only stuck to him at one end, the other end is free. Might be a parasite, though which one I am not sure. Anchor worm maybe ?

Might also be some sort of tumour. Keep an eye, see if any more appear, or if his behaviour changes. I don't think it's an anchor worm, actually, but it's odd, for sure. I've seen something like it once before, never did find out what it was.

Behavior is same as usual. Shoals with the other Cory's and chills out and eats.
What happened to the one you saw before?

I think I saw the same thread. I'm going to treat with a minimal amount of aquarium salt and see if that helps.

Hello Q...

If your Cory is active and eating normally, I wouldn't fret over a small blemish. I like to use a teaspoon of standard aquarium salt in every 5 gallons of my replacment water. I think it keeps the fish healthier. The small dose doesn't bother my plants.

I keep the tank water in my Corydoras tanks very clean. I change out half the water in the tank every week and feed a good diet. Mostly frozen foods are best, like brine and mysis shrimp, plankton, beef heart and krill. I also feed a bit of minced garlic. It's high vitamin and a natural antibiotic. Doesn't make the water smell at all.

B

Many people like to use salt in their tanks but catfish species do not like salt, it's hard for them to tolerate, even used as a short term thing, as for Ich. I would never use salt in any tank containing a catfish of any species, unless there was Ich involved.
Diet suggestions are very good ones, I'm a big believer in live, and/or frozen live foods for most fish. I think it is always best to feed as close to what fish eat in nature as we can.

Back
Top Bottom