Danios sick or breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zacharyws

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my Longfin Danios just sits in the back corner of my tank. it just lays behind one of my plants on the gravel, occasionaly leaving briefly with another of the danios and returning, never alone.

the other danio comes and visits then leaves or swims around "protecting" the one laying in the gravel.

What is going on? are they breeding or is something wrong, My tank is fully cycled and all levels are normal.

my longfin danio do this sometimes too, i thought it was sick at first, but it has been going on for about 5 months now, it seems that it is only my longfin that does this, all my other, normal danios come and visit, but never stay long, my longfin seems to have spurts of energy and comes out, it still eats. My questions to you are:
1. does your danio eat?
2. it it showing any signds of distress?(fins tuckd close to the body, rapid breathing)
3. do the danios that come to visit it bother it in any way?

This seems to be the normal routine for my danio, i don't think there is any reason to be concerned about yours too, enless you andswer no to #1 and yes to #2and 3

Hope i was able to help,

Back
Top Bottom