Dead guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mc96928

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is what one of them looked like. Can anyone help? Its happened 3 times already :( down to only 3 guppies

image-1527544765.jpg

Have you added any new fish/plants which could of introduced a disease? Whats you water parameters like?

Have you added any new fish/plants which could of introduced a disease? Whats you water parameters like?

I haven't added anything in a little over 3 weeks. My water parameters are good. I can't recall off the top of my head. But i know nothing is high. I am not currently home

I haven't added anything in a little over 3 weeks. My water parameters are good. I can't recall off the top of my head. But i know nothing is high. I am not currently home

What were their symptoms before they died?

Bent spine, kinda like an upside down U. They couldn't swim well. And begin to get skinnier and skinner until they die.

I've noticed guppies after the give birth a few times some will die but I think my have an aggressive fish

Bent spine, kinda like an upside down U. They couldn't swim well. And begin to get skinnier and skinner until they die.

Were they breathing heavily at the surface or resting on the bottom? Transparent poop?

They were staying at the bottom before they would speratically swimming around.

Sounds like it may be internal parasites.

I agree. Try treating for internal parasites first. Might want to try Prazipro or API General Cure. If one of these treatments doesn't work it may be bacterial.

I agree. Try treating for internal parasites first. Might want to try Prazipro or API General Cure. If one of these treatments doesn't work it may be bacterial.

I tried bacterial, and they still died. So far it seems like all of my fish are fine now. Its been a week since the last one died. I think we're in the clear

Back
Top Bottom