Denison Barb has a white mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So one of my denison barb's mouth has turned white. I think he is eating okay(will confirm later when I feed everyone. He is in a 60g with 7 other denison barbs and a common pleco. Will be doing a water change manana. No signs of aggression from other tankmates. Cant take pics as my camera battery is dead.

I lost two of my 5+ year old denisons to some sort of mouth problem.Not a fungus ,possibly bacterial ,but real issue was mouth would not function well enough to keep fish healthy over months.
I treated the tank with prazi and then metro .Neither seemed to do anything.
I could have treated with kanna and furan2 but just did not see an issue in the tank.Just the two roselines ?
For what it is worth almost all Denisons are bred and raised on our favorite Asian fish farms behind the curtains [read on breeding Denisons].It is all induced and achieved with steroids so IMO I just hope they haven't turned this fish into another dwarf gourami !
They are one of my all time favorites and I am 99% certain when my school drops below 6 I will get another 6-7 to add. Mine are over 6 years now ,the remaining 7.

Cool fast water for them and keeping it clean is best.
I have found in other tanks that a prophylactic dose of methylene blue never hurts ,and often helps.

Thanks for the reply. I have a powerhead going 24/7 so circulation should be good. I will try to get some of that blue thing when i can make it to the store.

Back
Top Bottom