Dwarf Gourami wasting away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaunakadub

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ellllo' everyone,

Having a problem with my dwarf. He's staying in the corners not moving much. He still swims, but not much, only to move from 1 corner to the other and stay there. He very rarly eats. I usually put flakes in first, which everyone else chows down, he doesn't. Ocasionally when I put shrimp pellets in or algae tabs, he'll try to grab a few bites, but not much.

I've also noticed a few times that he'll just spaz out, swimming in a bolting action around the tank, only to return to a corner after. Looks wise, his head/gill area looks fin, but after that... he is very thin, and his tail is also very thin.

Its a 10 gallon tank that is cycled. All of my water numbers are in good shape. No chemicals have been added recently. Temp. is a constant 79f. All of the other fish are in perfect shape (even my otto which I heard can be very hard to acclimate)

Any ideas would be a big help.

Thanks!

It sounds like Internal Parasites, which i am trying to treat in my tank right now. You can use jungle Parasite Clear. I just put it in yesterday and am already seeing improvment in fish that are not eating. But you might also want some medicated for to make sure that the healthy fish dont get it too. Good luck!

This has been "going around" lately it seems. It is either internal parasites (most likely) or a bacterial infection. Like fishygurl said, Jungle Parasite Clear containes praziquantel and metrodinazole, two very good anti-parasite meds.

HTH

I've had a few dwarfs go down like that I agree that it's probably internal parasites :? Hope it gets better!

Could anyone explain how I would go about using a product like that? I've never had to treat for anything, so i'm new to dr. fish scene.

I don't have another tank, so it would have to be treated in the main tank. Is there a good method for this?

Jungle parasite clear you just drop a little tablet in the water. It might be a good idea to treat the main tank even if you did have a QT. That way if any other fish have but are not showing signs, they can get better too. Good luck, i know how you feel, i lost soo many fish to IP becasue they wern't eating the med. food. But i didnt know about jungle clear so you should be ok. Most peoples fish get better with this medication. Good Luck! (again, LOL)

Back
Top Bottom