Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Dying Zebra Danio? SBD?

Cant seem to find anyone in a similar situation so Id thought Id ask, I've had 11 Danios for just over 2 months now they are in a 55l which I know isn't really sufficient for them, however I didn't know that when buying them (thanks LFS).

I cycled the tank without them for a month then added them and everything has been fine since, no issues with ammonia, nitrate or nitrite, and have done 30% changes every week.

Last week I had to change the water change day from Wednesdays to Saturdays due to my new working hours, when I got home on Thursday I noticed a danio was laying on the bottom not moving but then he would freak out and swim rapidly, mainly into the floor. He just sort of spirals looking at the floor then lays down again, It looks like he cant move his right fin either.

At first I though swim bladder, I have just added some salt and attempted to feed him a pea but he hasn't eaten it, nor has he eaten since Thursday, it also looks like he has a bent spine, looking him from the side hes shaped like a boomerang, he breathes rapidly and just spends most of his time on his side because if he tries to swim he just ends up swimming into the floor.

Anyone got any suggestions? I could really use some help as I dont know what to do, I feel like hes is going to die but id like to make it easier for him

Old 01-16-2017, 02:08 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Bent spine is either vitamin deficiency or fish TB. Either way there's no recovery. Take him out and euthanize him.

https://injaf.org/
https://thedelicion.com
nirbhao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
danio, dyi, dying, zebra, zebra danio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com