EEEEEE! Ich infestationnnnn I think >__<

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just noticed yesterday that my red female betta has gotten white dots all over her and I just saw a dot on one of my other females. I'm trying to do the heat treatment in case it is though...

They're kinda crappy photos sorry >__<
img_622084_0_3512406223fcca6edf131977542d9e74.jpg

img_622084_1_1972f29cc5f6e7061d70679764e60878.jpg

img_622084_2_7d8c39d5b9de826081a3979e1d69e751.jpg

I honestly can't tell from the pics, it looks like it may be. Definately use the heat treatment, a degree every 6 hours if she is heavily covered.

I made a video, you can see it a bit better but it's being stupid and every time I try to make it smaller it ruins the picture X.x She really isn't heavily covered it's like on the ends of her scales mostly on the top of her body. The water temp won't go above 82 right now

It is sort of hard to tell. I'd up the heat just incase, like Zagz said. If it starts to get fungusy however, lower the heat over the course of a few hours and add in methylene blue(quick cure) according to direction. I've used it sucessfully to rid bettas of fungus in a days time. Those white spots 'could' be the start of a fungal infection.

Well the water's finally at 86 now ....stupid non-submersible heaters with no specific dial thingy >__>

Thanks Zagz and Dev! I'll give it a shot @__@

You know, I'm starting to question if it is or not. It almost looks like scarred scales or something, it's not dots if it even was before @___@

If she does have it then it's not all that bad o_O and they're not really little blobs either....they looked like it the other day though somewhat but if that is ich...does it really only take the night to stop looking like little bulbs?? O_O;

I've never had ich cure itself that quickly but maybe I've just been unlucky. Ich is very small dots, doesn't resemble scarred scales at all IMO. Any chance of a better pic?

I'll attempt to get another one but I dont even see the dots on her anymore except for very little remnants of them on her dorsal side >__< the only thing really noticable is the healed over wound she has.

Attachments

• img_0315_999.jpg
    img_0315_999.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 12
  • img_0314_135.jpg
    img_0314_135.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 10
  • img_0311_443.jpg
    img_0311_443.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 12
  • img_0310_165.jpg
    img_0310_165.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 10
  • img_0308_114.jpg
    img_0308_114.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 13
I saw the pics yesterday, but can't make anything out. Do the bettas live with each other? Has this betta been in contact with Mango? Do you use the same nets and equipment among all your tanks?

There's nothing on her anymore. Yes. Yes. Yes. and now she has signs of parasites or something

Nope never was, just had white bumps on her and now that those're gone she got sick AGAIN and has some kind of internal problem >__< she looks yellow

I don't know what the lfs's carry around you but what I would do is call them and find out what meds they carry for internal parasites and post what they are and then someone can recommend a med for you. I know you said you were having trouble finding Jungle meds.

I went the other day and they gave me Jungle Anti-Parasite Medicated Fish Food for Internal Parasites @_____@

Puriti said:
I went the other day and they gave me Jungle Anti-Parasite Medicated Fish Food for Internal Parasites @_____@

Medicated foods are the best option for treating internal problems. That should heal her up in no time, if that is what she is suffering from.

I know they are but it doesn't help when none of my fish will eat >___<

P.S. Foxy died not too long ago :cry:

Back
Top Bottom