Favorite Platy Just Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newfisher

Aquarium Advice Activist
Patty, the Platy many of you helped me with a few weeks ago , has just died. She had recovered so well from her previous problems, that this was so unexpected. She appeared to a bit listless the pass two days but not ill. I examined her little body and saw no signs of anything. I have no idea why I have lost her but I am so sad! I know I need to do a PWC but is there anything else to do to the tank? (sob...sob).

Joy...Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

I'm sorry for your loss. Its tough when you grow attached to a pet, and lose it. Provided you got her out somewhat quick, I think a PWC is all you need to do. Just check the ammonia level after the change.

dbeck...thank you for your response. Some would say "she was just a fish" but she was my first fish and she actually seemed to know me. She would come up to the side of the tank when I would put my face to it etc. When she became ill a few weeks ago I grieved when I thought she was deathly ill and rejoiced when she pulled through like with any pet. How can one get so attached to a fish in nine weeks is beyond my comprehension? I have many more in the tank but she will be sorely missed.

No fish is ever "just a fish" to us. Don't you worry about that I have sick one right now, and I'm an absolute wreck. It hurts!

I'm very sorry for your loss :(

I hope your sick little one will be well really soon. Keep us informed and, if we can help in any way, please ask away!! I am still a "newbie" to this world but I can listen and try to help.

Back
Top Bottom