Female Pearl Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AKLB

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I’ve had a group of 6 Pearl Gourami (2 male, 4 female) for a few months and everything has been fine up to this point, aside from minor aggression. However I’ve just noticed one of my females acting strangely, she’s not swimming around with the rest of the group and isn’t really moving a lot at all.

I looked closer and I noticed her left eye seems to have a cloudy patch, and she has a few pink/red sores. One of the sores is just under her emouth and the other is at the base of her right fin. Her top fin seems flattened compared to the other gourami as well

In the tank with the group is 20 Harlequin Rasbora, 8 Kuhli Loaches and 5 Glass Catfish. The tanks been set up since early June, with the first fish added in early October. I feed the fish a high protein crumble fish food, and the tank is fairly heavily planted.

Does anyone know what this could be? (Sorry for the picture quality)

IMG_0277.jpgIMG_0280.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture if it's damage from another fish or not. I'd hate to jump the gun and call it TB but it has similarities.

Back
Top Bottom