Fish attack or parasite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here's some pics of my albino tiger barb when I got home from work. Could this be from a fish attack or does it look like a parasite?

55g21.jpg

55g22.jpg

55g23.jpg

55g24.jpg

55g25.jpg

Haven't started treatment, will be setting up a QT for him, as I don't want to treat a 55G, lol. Will be going to a 10G.

Well, I never did move him to QT, and he's already looking like he's healing up very nicely. Must be the good water quality, lol. Instead of stressing him out, will just leave him where he is, schooling with his buddies.

Well, I lost the poor guy today. This morning he was full of energy, and the first to come for food. And the wound was almost completely healed, just a small tiny bit of red that was disappearing, getting smaller and smaller. But when I got home from work, he was floating in the tank. And all his fins were in great shape, and a couple nibbles on his tail. Other than that, no sign of anything, and no open wounds from fish starting to eat off him. And his color was still good, so it must have been just recent that he passed away. He was 2 inches, and looked to be in very good health other than the wound that was almost completely healed. Some things are just impossible to figure out in the fish hobby, lol. All my other barbs are just as happy as can be.....

Back
Top Bottom