Fish dieing !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moobs99

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi iv had 4 fish die in the last 24 hours
My tank is 100lts it's stocked with

7 Guppys 5 female 2 male
15 baby Guppys
2 baby angel fish
1 red fin shark
2 baby plecs
2 albino corys

This fish that died are
3 Guppys 2 female 1 male
1 albino cory

There is no sign of illness in the fish before they've died

Iv been having this problem for a few weeks and keep doing a 25% wc every day as my test results have been high

Test results for the 16/1/2013
Ammonia 0.25
Nitrate 40
Nitrite 0

Test results for the 20/1/2013
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 40
Nitrite 0
Ph 7.6
High range ph 7.4

Would really like some help as I keep losing fish it getting me down and I'm now starting to think maybe I should get a new hobby like stamp collecting !! Least I won't kill anything that way lol

Nitrates are too high! Drop them below 20. Thats most likely why. Or you're overstocked!

Water changes to get nitrates to drop. Try to keep below 20 at least. Your tank is over stocked The plecos you will want to rehome ASAP, they get to large for that size tank.

Been doing 25% every day now for at least a week, really didn't think it's overstocked but will regime the plecs as they don't seem to do much apart from eat my plants lol.

Yeah no the angles will out grow the tank but hopefully by that time I should have upgraded to a bigger tank, Guppys sadly have got to stay as there my fav, but plecs and red fin shark will go tomorrow, and to be fair ill be happy to see the back if the red fin shark as he's abit of a bully!

They won't take them mate, love to get another tank or a bigger one but live in a small flat so there's just no room, had a lovely 6 ft tank last year until we moved :-(

Is the store petsmart or a real lfs? And also, if the plecos are removed you could be ok, but adding others would be overstockin

I'm in the uk mate so no petsmarts but it is a little lfs, only 2 shops in an hours drive of me and ones shocking over priced

Ok because my lfs takes all fish that aren't what you wanted or are too big/aggressive. But then again, they have a 1000 gallon tank with all the returned big fish(alagator gar, some common plecos, and oscers.) but they take all babys

The one I go to used to give in store credit for all live bearing fish but because to breed people were bring in loads of swapping for oscers,angels and he said it was not worth it in the end

Yeah that makes sense the guppie an platy tanks at my lfs look like there is 0 swimming room because of how many they are!

Is the store petsmart or a real lfs? And also, if the plecos are removed you could be ok, but adding others would be overstockin

Is there petsmart store outside of North America because get the feeling that Moobs is outside of NA. I do agree that the tank is overstocked and you'll need to do at least 50% WC daily. Also check your tap water parameters. It may need to be conditioned with a product like Seachem Prime

Yeah same at mine, how do they deal with overcrowding ?

Back
Top Bottom