Fish dieing !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there petsmart store outside of North America because get the feeling that Moobs is outside of NA. I do agree that the tank is overstocked and you'll need to do at least 50% WC daily. Also check your tap water parameters. It may need to be conditioned with a product like Seachem Prime

Oye! I've got to learn to type faster on this iPad ;)

Yeah just looked on the bottle lol should really look before asking shouldn't I lol, because my nitrate is 40 would that course my fish to have red gills ? I thought they had it from ammonia poisoning but that's at 0 now ?

Yeah just looked on the bottle lol should really look before asking shouldn't I lol, because my nitrate is 40 would that course my fish to have red gills ? I thought they had it from ammonia poisoning but that's at 0 now ?

Yeah. Too much nitrate can kill them via suffocation.

Right ill start doing 50% every day till my levels are better.. Ill have to get more buckets to store water in till its room temp as the tap water is freezing

Right ill start doing 50% every day till my levels are better.. Ill have to get more buckets to store water in till its room temp as the tap water is freezing

Are you able to take water from your kitchen sink. Use a thermometer and match the temp to the tanks temp is the best for your fish. Water a colder than the tank will stress the fish

Yeah I take it from the tap but it's way to cold to had to the tank so I fill 2 buckets up then leave them on the radiator till they are room temp, I did think about adding it water from the kettle as told water from the hot tap as chemicals in ?

You can use the hot water from your tap. Depending on your situation of course but in most cases the hot water is the same as your cold water. Our cold water comes in the home, is split in two, half goes to a water heater first then merges with the cold water again at the tap

Not sure what chemicals would be in hot water, there shouldn't be any. Use hot and cold from the tap to match your tank temp and use your prime. I've never had a problem doing this in 20 years

Not sure what chemicals would be in hot water, there shouldn't be any. Use hot and cold from the tap to match your tank temp and use your prime. I've never had a problem doing this in 20 years

I was told it has chemicals from the boiler, but who am I to argue with 20 years of exp! Thanks

Back
Top Bottom