fish spends time near surface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozzypop

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi my celestial eye goldfish is acting kind of weird, he hangs out near the top of the water and breathes the air. he also spazzes out sometimes like he's stressed. I'm thinking it's because I don't have AC in my apartment and it got pretty warm in the house and usually the tank is at 70 or 72 degrees but it got up to 76 degrees? and I don't know how much it has been fluctuating because I didn't pay attention. But I did a water test once I realized(mostly normal except the temp and kinda high nitrates), and a partial water change. the water parameters now are:

pH: 7.4
temp: 70F (closed all blinds/opened windows at night/fan in room)
ammonia: 0ppm
nitrite: 0ppm
nitrate: 20ppm

does anyone think there is something else wrong with him? since my other goldfish doesn't seem to be as stressed, or is it the fluctuating temperature and if so have any tips to keep the temp consistent other than what I've been doing. also im cycling another tank (taking forever ugh) and theres a bubbler in there.. should I move that into the main tank since he seems to have trouble getting oxygen or will it throw off the pH or anything. THANKS

Back
Top Bottom